Help me find web hosting.

Dafydd

Hello.

Judging from this list, there seems to be plenty of hosts out there offering unlimited space and bandwidth. Sounds like something for OCR, doesn't it?

Anyway, since I live in Europe, I tend to get less than ideal transfer speeds from US-based servers - 50-150kB/s, as compared to the 1MB/s I get from local ones, as well as from microsoft.com. The ones OCR uses to host remixes are good examples (dreamhost, who have a similar limited offer, included), as is my current web hosting, which uses US-based servers although the host itself is Swedish. While I'd prefer to have hosting (i.e. the physical servers) in Europe for this reason, the web hosting here is incredibly backwards, often charging $15 a month for 1GB of space and 50GB of traffic (or, as in my case, $1,50 for 350MB and 20GB of traffic).

I know a few guys who make music and would like somewhere to host it and have a webpage besides their myspace one. They're pretty popular and very productive, but not very rich, and I think they'd break both the space and the bandwidth limit of any of the local web hosts pretty quickly.

So which one of the US-based ones is faster? Alternatively, is there a really good European one?