OCR01055 - *YES* Chrono Cross 'Dream-Shore Sonata-Fantaisie' *FT*

Israfel

Israfel:

I had submitted a remix in late March 2003 that hasn't come to the judges' attention yet, and I'd like to expedite this process by requesting a 'fallthrough'.

It's a remix of Yasunori Mitsuda's "Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World".

Title: "Dream-Shore Sonata-Fantasy" *

VBR, 3:16, 2.77MB.

I appreciate your attention, as well as any comments you may have on the mix itself. Thank you!

best wishes,

MC

*this can be renamed to whatever you guys want... I just typically shorten and hyphenate originals to get a filename

Yes. The world need MORE Chrono

First Impressions:

Ohhh... piano. Johnny likes.

What the hell kinda quality is this? It's about as live as you can get without having a piano in the room. Very very nice.

Wow... there's such a human pacing to it. And some of the composition borders somewhere between straight up gansgtah and breathtaking.

Lasting Impression:

You'd have to be a stone not to be moved.

I. Like. Piano.

I. Love. Mc

YES YES YES

Well, the previous post is like, WAY off the bias scale, but still it's a good arrangement. A little OVER melodramatic at many points, but not BAD. It doesn't really hold MY attention, and that's MY main complaint. I have no doubt that others will love it. But my two complaints are that it seems overly pedantic and seems to rely heavily on ornamentation. Which may not always be a bad thing. Just, to ME, this sounds like it's meant as a sort of mock soap opera sort of thing. I dunno. That's just me. I personally can't stand it, but it's not badly done, so:

YES

D

Perhaps it takes someone who can play piano to sequence piano? I wouldn't have even known this wasn't live. This is good work; I'm happy to see MC's recording has improved considerably since his last solo submissions.

A somewhat concise arrangement as far as thematic piano goes, but develops greatly within its time frame.

YES