Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei I and II

Knight Trap

Like many American fans of the series, I discovered it or at least paid attention to it after playing Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and Persona 3. I know why there isn't a submission yet: the series is strange, Japanese, and obscure as hell outside of recent entries in the series. That said, the music of the of the original Famicom games is definitely worth your time, and some talented reimagining.

A lot of the tunes in Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei I and II overlap. However, I'd recommend that everyone (potential remixers in particular) listen to the NSF file for the second game. The trained ear will notice that the music is a notch above what the Famicom/NES was capable of. Like Akumajou Dracula Densetsu/Japanese Castlevania 3, it utilizes an in-cartridge soundchip. Between this and the amazing and catchy compositions, some love was definitely put into the music.

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/14309 (NSF here)

I've actually finished a remix of Daedalus (Track 7) and plan on submitting it soon. Hopefully I'll at least receive some constructive criticism. :P