Hellp creating a Flash Applet

Shadow Wolf

Okay. I'm a complete Flash newbie, and I need some help creating a flash applet. So what I want to do is create a text reader, but of course I have some special requirements. What I want this applet to do is read the text it's going to display from raw text files stored in a folder on my web server, and have a function to skip through the files using a forward and back button. In other words, when the applet loads, I want it to read "file1.txt" and display it in the applet. Then I want to be able to press the forward button and have the applet display "file2.txt". The end goal of this thing would be to simply be able to drop new text files for the reader into the text file folder with a certain ID number, so that they show up at the end of the list of text files I'd be thumbing through.

I can search for a couple of seconds and find a flash file that gives me an applet with a nice little scrollbar for the text and displays text from one single, static file. The question is how do I make it skip back and forth between the text files in the folder?