Check Out THis Stage Theme I Composed For M. Bison!!!!

RayMabry

it has a great melody. but it seems like the quality of the samples you are using is holding this track back. the drum samples primarily. there's nothing too exciting about them. sure it keeps the beat, but the quality seems lacking. and there's not too many fills. also cymbals could use better mixing. like the crashes. they seem a bit too loud at times.

other than that, the melody feels very thematical as a stage theme should. is this totally original or a remix? I know you posted in the originals forum but i just had to ask.

also, i may be overdoing my critique if you're going for a stage theme as if it were for the ORIGINAL game itself in which you would use MIDI in the manner that you did. if that were the case and this were 1993, i'd hire you in an instant. for those standards this is great work. otherwise, i re-refer you to my above statement.

Thanx for your critique man and I don't think your being overcritical at all. Yeah that thing that kills me the most about Sibelius is the samples in sibelius is drums. I can't get them to sound like their being struck hard enough or any instrument to sound like it's being played hard enough. It even does that with regular midi songs too for some reason. and yeah I guess I should add some fills for the finished version. I usually don't work on the drums that hard for the early versions that I put on youtube so alot of my songs either have no fills or the same fill for every part.

Oh and this is 100 percent original all my work is. I hate doing remixes hahaha.

anyways thanx for the feedback. It's nice to hear some critique from someone that actually seems to know what there talking about. ~Ray~

For drums, albeit somewhat costly, I highly recommend getting Toontrack's Superior Drummer 2.0 with FL Studio. A combination that's changed the way I record. They sound super realistic and it has some kind of velocity randomization so that each time you hit a snare or hihat, it sounds like a different sample of the same instrument, preventing that robotic feel. Comes complete with mixer and effects. A must have.

Well Thankyou I'll take that into consideration. Right now though i'll continue to fool around with Sibelius. I haven't fully given up on it yet. I don't know how to write music well so I can't add articulations to my music and for some reason I have a feeling that the program might not sound as good as it can because of something i'm not doing but at the same time it could just be low quality samples as you said so i'll definately look into either FL Studio or at the very least buying more virtual instruments to replace the current ones. Thanks for all your advice man I definately appreciate it.