OCR01123 - *YES* Battle of Olympus 'Eros'

djpretzel

Hi djp,

This is the second time Freemind and I are collaborating. This time we blended romantic new age piano, with new age fare and orchestra. It's hard to detail exactly who deserves what credit as we literally shared the work on this project 50-50.

Freemind initially did the piano with some of the orchestration. I then worked from the midi he had - editing the piano, then adding some new age trimmings and additional orchestration until completion. I also did the recording, mixing and mastering on this one.

The result is a really romantic sounding piece, hence the title Eros, which means love in greek.

Game: Battle of Olympus (NES)

Title: Eros

Composer: K. Sawa (I'm not 100% sure on the composer name as this is the only name I found.)

Mixers: GrayLightning and Freemind

Gray

Edit: If you need a reference to the original, it's Peloponnesus - Track 4 of the nsf.

I remember this from the wip forum a few months ago- it really impressed me then and I still think this is top-notch work. Very authentic genre work and the sound is lush and quite beautiful. Cool stuff.

I do think it ends a little abruptly and that the flowing nature of this mix lends itself to longer playtimes, but otherwise I really enjoyed this one.

YES

Touchy-feely. Major change in style from the original, ornate and evocative. The song was mixed at a high volume, which is good, but the piano especially sounds close to distortion during its peaks. A LOT of mid-range going on here, plenty of density; the flute and glockenspiel are a fresh breath of treble. Great arrangement, I'd have liked to hear a five or six minute opus, but this will do fine.

YES