Working on improving my notation and arrangement (links fixed)

Salluz

For those of you who don't know me, I am Salluz (Cedric), and I have been working on music since the year of 2003. I listen to a lot of non-mainstream music, classics (usually mainstream), classical and VGM in order to keep a sense of uniqueness and level of skill (because really, Soulja Boy just doesn't do it for me).

WIPs

The Awakening

The Nighttime

The Chase (most recent so far)

One obvious thing in my music is that I need some more subliminal variations; improv; less robotics of a DAW and more human skill. I can make my music sound improved or even better-written, however, it's taking me more work to click with the mouse when I hear a million things that need to be done. I am going to have to learn and practice keyboad and guitar daily.

Now, I can find plenty of faults with these songs but regardless, I still want some judging because I can grow and gain ideas that way. I know that "there's no one exact way to create a song", however, I do need to learn more about musical formality, despite the fact that I do know some things.

I have never taken a music class (but I plan to), can't always name the names of notes that I hear (yet) and can pay instruments a little, mostly because I am a beignner at instrumentation and note-reading, but everything has been done in my mind. I have taught myself techniques that you may or may not hear in my music (yet) and have come to a place where I must excel.

So, what do you think? Any ideas? Suggestions? Criticisms? Whatever else?