First attempt at a chiptune

jabond23

I usually do rock/metal songs, but i've lately been writing music that would be used in video games. I've got 2 tracks here. The first one is a synth/eletronic tune that i wrote as part of a soundtrack for a fan made Mega Man Battle Network project. Its specifically for a virus battle, or just for a regular random battle. Its only 1:42 long because of the fact that its suppose to be just a battle theme.

img.php?fid=394

This one is the first track i've written using chiptune VSTs. All the synths/leads are chiptune VSTs with the exception of the drums. I was just too excited too actually find something that sounded really good as chiptune VST. Its not really anything, just some random riffs that i wrote that i thought sounded cool in this style. Its too long either, only 2:21, but i'm not really sure what else to write into the track.

img.php?fid=396

Any critique on these would be much obliged. Thank you!

Not gonna say much on the second one, it seems a lot of notes go against the harmony.

But I like the first one. It sounds like a POkemon battle theme. xDDD

Yeah, the second one was just a quick song i threw together after i got a new VST called QuadraSID. It emulates the SID chip from the Commodore 64. I actually kinda like the song though.

I'm glad the first one sounds good though. :D