*NO* Mega Man 2 'Orchestral Opening'

Palpable

Remixer Name: Synthetic Motion

www.myspace.com/syntheticmotion (electronic)

www.myspace.com/andrewfilmscore(orchestral)

Mega Man 2

Opening Cinematic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/14303 - Tracks 1, 2

Pretty much a well put-together orchestral cover. Most of the source parts are used here with minimal new writing for transitions and chords. Even if other judges think the new writing makes it not a cover, I'd say it's underdeveloped as an arrangement because of how closely it sticks to the original structure. 2:20 is just enough time for one full run-through. Production was pretty good, the low brass could sound better. When the MM2 title theme comes in, it also sounds like it might be clipping?

You've definitely the chops to make a good sounding song, Andrew. I'd like to see you get more creative with what you do to the song.

NO

Arrangement is too close to the original, but the production is pretty strong, though in the more intense section, the anvils are overpowering and the high strings and brass seem pushed way back. It made the section feel pretty weak when it needed to be bombastic. In the more quiet sections it was well balanced and sounded great, though.

The arrangement is pretty much verbatim, however, and needs a lot more expansion or addition. You have the production end pretty well taken care of, so focus on making the arrangement more personalized for OCR. As is, it's a pretty cool cover, but it's not quite what OCR is looking for. :-)

no

• 3 weeks later...

I could basically copy Palpable's vote here. Arrangement is too close to the source, even in shape. The production was decent but there's some clipping that should be sorted out. Some realism issues with the brass and (to a much lesser extent) some of the harder string attacks.

You obviously have the tools needed to make a good sounding track, you just need to focus on the actual arrangement. Keep it up!

NO