*NO* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Oracle of the Sun'

Palpable

Remixer Name: Sweendrix

User ID: (could not find it?)

Name of Game: Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (Gerudo Valley)

Name of Remix: Legend of Zelda Oracle of the Sun

All Guitars, Bass, Rythmic Arrangement, Production, and Performance by Sweendrix (John Sweeney)

This Remix is part two of a Legend of Zelda series that aspires to be epic in nature. Part 1 needs to be completely redone in order to get the guitar sounds that I am looking for and should be finished soon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/12209 - 68 "Gerudo Valley"

I really liked the lead guitar tone and playing; calm, expressive. But I can't say I thought the arrangement was a big stretch. For the first two minutes, it sticks pretty closely to the original, except for the drums. Speaking of which, the drums get pretty repetitive over the course of the song. The solo section was very nice though.

Production is problematic. The song never feels fully filled out, and it's worst in the opening and solo sections. There are huge gaps in the soundscape. The drums are distant and could have been brought up in volume. The electric guitar coming in later sounds very muddy and adds a lot of noise underneath. I think you need to take a closer look at the shapes of your instruments and rejigger the EQ, adjust volume levels, reduce the noise on your recordings. There are a lot of things you can do to improve how this sounds.

I have a feeling you have it in you to put together a great arrangement, John, but you'll need to work on your skills before you get there.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

the tone of most everything is good i'd say, as the guitar (both clean and electric) sound nice, but Vinnie nailed down most of the issues- Drums are too far back, bass is too difficult to hear, and the distorted guitars have a bit too much distortion (especially the rhythm ones), and take up a little too much room in the mix.

The arrangement is also pretty coverish, with a solo added. It deviates a little near the end, wiht some cool counter melody parts, but The track needs that level of personalization throughout to meet the arrangement bar.

Definite promise, but too many issues to pass.

no, please resub

Well for starters, all drums are loops. They're not even varied, you just add and remove layers from time to time, that won't fly. The guitars sound good though and the playing is expressive even though it could be tighter. The tone is good but the drums sit too far back in the mix and there's no real bass to speak of. The distorted guitars are a bit too big and muddy.

Arrangement doesn't expand enough on the source, could definitely use some more interpretation and shape to the arrangement. Sorry man but this still has some way to go.

NO