Palpable

Song Title: A Time Traveller's Goodbye

Remixer name: MJR

UserID: 29455

Name of Game Arranged: Chrono Trigger

Name of Songs Arranged: Epilogue - To My Dear Friends

Composer: Yasunori Mitsuda

System: Super Nintendo

Comments: This is my first submission of hopefully many to OCRemix. I have been doing live covers of video game music for over a year with a friend and have arranged and remixed several pieces from Chrono Trigger, Cross, and a few other games like Super Mario, Zelda, and Final Fantasy VII. The Remix itself started as just guitar with delay, which on its own sounded extremely nice. It was recorded on my own mac using garageband but later was mastered on Protools at the studio I work at. Then I added a few final touches an voila!

------------------

- Mitchell Regis

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=ct - "Epilogue ~ To Good Friends" (ct-316.spc)

Ack, that delay! This is a really nice sounding piece but that delay should not be so present. You really lose the sense of a lead and rhythm - it should be pushed back. I did hear some tweaks in the melody, but this seemed to follow the original quite closely. That's the big killer (though I'd probably want you to fix that delay as well), this needs more variance from the original, some additional liberties in the bass part or the melody. As is, it's a nice cover.

NO

Beautiful playing and tone- I absolutely love what you've done here. This is one of my favorite songs ever, and you've performed it amazingly well, with some great minor bits added in. I wish I could play something like this so bad that it aches.

Unfortunately, this arrangement is really too coverish for OCR as-is, and the delay is a little too strong for my tastes on the production side.

You are incredibly talented, and I would love to hear more from you. Sorry dude. :-(

no

• 3 weeks later...