Rave of the Oceans

mentalstrike

A thing my friend did in FL Studio 9. He's looking for feedback, so here we go ^^

img.php?fid=543

EDIT:

Added a bassline, took out the melody in some parts. Overall made it tons better.

img.php?fid=544

EDIT:

Possibly final version of this song. Changed the bassline up a little bit. Added some more melody in one part. Changed the vocals completely.

img.php?fid=559

img.php?fid=559

Mostly finished version. Sounds like the only way this thing is going back to the workshop is if people have any suggestions for improvements. Please, leave some feedback, we would like to know what you think. Oh yeah, and this has turned more from me plugging a friend's song, to me plugging a collaboration between me and a friend. Apparently I helped enough to merit credit in the Artists part of the data. Makes me happy xD But seriously. let us know what you think.

EDIT

Listening to the rendered version, I'm probably taking this back into the workshop for some mastering. The volume is all over the place most of the time...any suggestions on the best way to do this would be greatly appreciated.

It's a pretty fun mix, the quality loses its edge though. The first glaring thing was the reverb on the beats, you can hear all that room sound which upsets the background so lower the high end release and increase the lower end release so there is bassier reverb, but don't add too much. Check the EQ so that the kick is thick and the snare is punchy, and give the hats some crispness. The piano sounds too tinny, open the Parametric EQ 2 on it and pump up the thicker lower frequency sound. I'm sure you can make that piano sound more humane or interesting through the velocities. Generally the synths sound alright, though they could be EQ'd better with a nicer reverb, I'm not sure if you're using delay on them slightly, but it can give the sound a nice glisten. And I don't get what 2:59 was about with the drop in sound, or was it a compression thing?

Anyway those were the biggest things standing out. It's fun and I like it though so I hope you nail those production quirks.