FF6 - Shadow's Theme (WIP)

Torke

Hi all,

I would like to post the intro of a ReMix I'm working on. It's virtually unrecognizable right now, save for the opening chords.

https://sites.google.com/a/lagged.ca/music/Home/Shadow_ReMix.mp3

I actually intend on finishing this in 2010, but I wanted to get some preliminary work done, in the event I forget my arrangement. I've recorded the guitar parts using my electric guitar, but I'm planning on buying a new acoustic and mic. I'll be re-recording most of this, since the style of the song will make more sense on an acoustic.

Also, I did not intend to write a lead intro until this evening when I was just tinkering around and became inspired to do so. I may keep this part electric, maybe even add some distortion.

The main melody will actually be played on a piano (higher than the original version) with the strummed chords on the acoustic falling to the background, no pick.

As you will notice, I have moved up to B minor. I accomplished this with the help of a capo on the 7th fret of my guitar.

I am struggling with the decision if I should include other instruments. I don't plan on adding a percussion track, in the hopes it will make the song more intimate.

My inspirations for this song are lonlonjp, Simon & Garfunkel, and the OC ReMix Dark World Ballad.

Thanks for listening, any feedback is welcomed.

my only compaint is that this wip is only 40 seconds long

i think it sounds great. felt like i was waiting for a drum set to fall in and create some groove the whole time, so it'll be interesting so see how the pans out since you plan on doing it sans-percussion. i actually think it'd be cool to hear it break out into an ensemble with the piano lead you mentioned as well as bass and drum tracks, and maybe some nice strings.

anyway, i think the way i picture this track turning out is quite different than what you might be going for, and it'll be cool to hear what direction you take it in.

Thanks for the feedback halc!

I've recently purchased a synthetic skin bodhrán, I was thinking of maybe recording a slow roll, but I haven't had a chance to mic it up. Might not fit the song. :)

I've been working out a bit of the piano melody that I would and have already tweaked the guitar parts a little bit. I'm still trying to find a nice segue from my additions into the main song.

I could try throwing some strings in there, thanks for suggestion.