Modern Symphonic Orchestra INSANE CLEARANCE SALE

dannthr

http://www.truespec.com/modern-symphonic-orchestra-p-1238.html

Emu's starter Modern Symphonic Orchestra is going for a NOSE BLEEDINGLY cheap price!

Originally 329.99 USD

NOW 69.95 USD

Ah, see, now you need a kleenex, I told you it was nose bleedingly cheap!

This isn't the fanciest orchestra in the world, for sure, but this is a great, READ GREAT, sale for kids just starting out doing orch stuff and want something better than the Creative Labs! MIDI samples they've been using.

I might actually buy this, does anyone have this? I would like to know what you think about it if so.

I don't have it, that's why I'm only even remotely suggesting it will be usefull for people just starting out, who maybe are curious about doing some orchestra stuff, but haven't been doing much of anything.

I am impressed by the demos considering the $70 price tag, I am not so impressed by the demos considering a $330 pricetag.

For sure there are more natural sounding orchestra sets out there. But since the system reqs on this bad boy seem so damn light and the demos are actually pretty decent compared to anything else that goes for $70, it seems like a great starter library.

I can't speak to Peter Alexander's supposition that it blends well with QLSO or VSL.

In my experience, while this may be true, blending a mid-range or quality library with a low-range or light library usually brings the quality of the higher-end libraries down a notch as some of the cheaper post processing, sampling techniques, and lack of articulation variety often show through.

With that said, however, if you're a student and you don't have QLSO or VSL or any other "fancy" library, are interested in possibly exploring an orchestral sound, these demos are VERY good for the price.