beatmania IIDX 8th style - Xenon WIP

DJW3NCH

This is my take on one of my favorite tracks in the beatmania series.

Xenon WIP - DJ W3NCH

It's a hardcore techno remix and there's still a bunch of tweaking that I want to do, but still, I wanted to post a WIP to get some feedback. And here's the original:

Xenon - Mr.T

Oh, and this track's also in DDR which is where most people will probably recognize it from.

well since Mr. T Is one of my favorite artists I figured I would check this out.

Intro is.. interesting, I know this is techno, but its still a little repetitive. Also I don't quite understand your use of those random 8-bit sound effects.. I'm not sure how they tie in at all.

In general, its a decent "remix", but so far its not really "ReMix" material, as the main melody doesn't change at all.

The soft part in the middle is nice, but again I don't really hear any xenon in there.

Anyways, its a pretty cool remix, but I think as it is, you would have a really hard time trying to get it past the judges panel. The lack of rearrangement is probably the biggest fall here, since any melody from the original is verbatim.

Good luck though, Bemani music is great, and we do need more remixes of that stuff.