WIP-Secret Of Mana Angels Tears

tdrakehi

The intro is pretty much just a midi rip flute sample. I like the orchestral stuff you get into after though, it fits very well and is kind of a no-brainer.

I'd say though, you need volume and tone automation, as well as changes in velocity and tempo, and more musical nuances in your writing. You have the bones but are missing the meat.

Get really detailed with your work and probably update some of your samples (or really figure out how to make what you have sound as close as possible to the real thing) Master your stuff. I'd get some inspiration from real orchestral stuff honestly.

It's a nice idea, but you just need more skill and knowhow if you are gonna get on OCR with an orchestral mix (they are very hard)... Good luck and please keep it up!

Thank you for the input Monobrow. This is my first remix that I've worked on, so I have a question to make sure I understand...what is Volume and Tone Automation??? I've never run into that before.

Thank you for your candid response...I'm having to pull out my CD's of Holst and John Williams to see if I can get any ideas.

Quick sidenote/question...I've been a musician for well over 15 years, play the 5 basic instruments (a guitar,e guitar, bass, keys, drums) fairly well, and will walk areound with music running through my head, but the moment I sit down to track it out...it all dissappears. Anybody else dealt with a similar problem and might have some insight into keeping the focus...