Aasinpolokka III

sympxgtr

Hey guys,

I've recorded this 14 minute song with mostly guitars (drums, bass and all the other instruments are VST). Unfortunately it contains parts from TV-series etc so i cannot upload it as an actual game song. Mind that it's mostly influenced by old NES classics. It's on an online player so just press play to get it going. Hope you all enjoy it :-P

http://www.mikseri.net/playsong.php?id=408902

Yours, Sympxgtr

PS. It's a long one so have patience :-P

Familiar songs from Castlevania, Sonic, and even TMNT make cameo appearences in this fun piece.... I really enjoyed listening to this. The guitar work is good, but some of your samples are either low quality or require refinement (such as expression).

You say this is not appropriate for OCReMix, but why? The classic TMNT theme song is in some of the video games. Are you implying that there are some other tunes that I don't recognise? Either way, many crossover ReMixes are valid.

After refining this work, I suggest considering it for OCReMix. If any parts are inappropriate, create an alternate piece with omissions and look into submitting this cool remix.

Thanks for the reply! :)

There are atleast two pieces that (after reading the rules) I think wouldn't qualify for OC. The UEFA Champions League theme in the beginning and MacGyver theme in the middle of the song. Other than that it's pretty much all game music.

The UEFA theme can be easily removed since it's just a part in the very beginning however MacGyver would be very hard to take out without damaging the song structure itself. But let me hear what you guys think and we'll go by that. :)

PS. Peach were there some particular samples that you didn't like or that sounded unrefined. I admit this is a pretty raw mix so any feedback is most welcome.

Oh and to clear it out: VST = midi instruments :)