Pain of Salvation

Brandon Strader

Outside of Opeth, Pain of Salvation was my favorite band. But now, with their last couple CDs, I have been questioning whether they're still my favorite. I showed my dad their brand new music video today, and he said "Wow, they went Chili Pepper on you." And I'm like whaaat? Is that some kind of dad lingo from the 30s?

He was talking about the Red Hawt Chili Pepperz of course, referring to how the band got all pop and make-up covered. Check out their new music video and see for yourself:

What I want to know is, how can a band make an album as brilliant as "The Perfect Element" or even "Remedy Lane"... even their album "Be" is simply incredible compared to the new stuff. But they go from that, to "Scarsick" and then this Linoleum EP, which sounds really crappy. I think any remixer on this site could have done a better job of production on that EP. It's like they put the microphone right up against their lips and just start screaming into it... it's noise. :(

Well this is sort of a rant... this band has gone so far down hill that it's even starting to make ME feel bad. I don't understand how they can do this. I mean don't they talk to each other like, "Hey, remember that awesome CD we made and it was good?" It's like they don't even remember how they used to make awesome music. I don't know if they're trying to be something new and weird or if it's just an experiment... Blah... luketheXjesse dream theater