*NO* Donkey Kong Country 2 'This Place Is Haunted'

OceansAndrew

not to the level it needs to be, but maybe we can throw some tips his way- there's some interpretation

Your ReMixer name: "Dust In The Cartridge"

Your real name: "Derk Schermacher"

Your website: www.myspace.com/dustinthecartridge

Your userid (number, not name) on our forums, found by viewing your forum profile: 30689

Name of game(s) arranged: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

Name of individual song(s) arranged: This Place Is Haunted (original name: Forest Interlude by David Wise)

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.My inspiration behind this song is the game itself. The song itself can't really be called a genre I guess, it's a weird combination of all kind of sounds. I hope you enjoy the ReMix. Keep checking out my MySpace for new ReMixes.

source:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Mp8uMammw

The arrangement was very close to the original, but the tempo was a lot different, and a lot of the changes were a bit wonky. I didn't feel that it ever settled into a groove, and the percussion seemed spastic throughout. Having a kick of some sort would help to anchor the track, and a more steady beat would help it feel grounded.

Production is where this really needs some work, as a lot of the parts weren't really gelling, and there was a lot of frequency toe-stepping. It was mitigated slightly by the hard panning, but there was still a lot of over compression on the whole track, and there was a ton of mud. Some of the sounds chosen were cool, but there's a lot of work to be done to get them to sound like they belong together.

Hopefully you can take some of these tips and use them to further your work. :-)

no

Production definitely needs some polish. The balance of the sounds are off and they're all fighting over the same frequencies. The sounds chosen might've sounded better if they weren't so loud and reverbed but overall they feel a bit flimsy and generic.

Arrangement sticks rather close to the source but beyond that it's really rough around the edges. The ending is very abrupt, some stuff sounds off-key and/or detuned and the arrangement lacks a proper shape.

Sorry man, can't sign off to this.

NO