Sleeping Forest - Reflection (Pop/Electronica)

TheKrow

Sort of finished. I just wanted to share this with OCR community, since I really enjoyed writing this and am quite satisfied with the way it turned out. I know I still have a long way to go, but progress is progress. The reason this is sort of finished is because I eventually want to add vocals. Not sure what my chances are of finding a suitable volunteer on OCRemix are, but if you're interested let me know. I'll still be looking elsewhere.

As for the song, I wrote it for someone very dear to myself, so it's somewhat emotional (to me anyway :P). It's mostly a pop / electronica fusion with a little bit of far east spice to it, so if you're into that kind of thing then, this is your lucky thread inspection. ;-)

(Oh yeah, I go by "Sleeping Forest" while doing my original works, in case that was confusing.)

stats.png

Y'know, I quite liked this- lucky thread inspection it seems. Nice builds with some nice chords- would love to hear a tune on top of this- seems like a backing track. Hrm, shall I criticise? Okay! ^w^

There's always and instrument playing ON beat (or every quaver/eighth-note-or-whatever-you-call-'em) as in, the rhythms are kinda simple in lots of places. You might really really dig that style, but it left the rhythm feeling kinda repetitive. Things got a liiiiiitttttttlllllleeee thick in places, perhaps that was because of the bassy bass- and I thought the drums were a liiiiiitttttttlllllleeeee weak too.

BUT! I really liked it! ^w^ Possibly the best stuff I've heard from you- but- I've only heard a couple- of- tra-tracks so- this- could- be your worst stuff- but- I wouldn't- know. Cool.

Well one reason there isn't much of a leading melody is because I left some room for the vocals (hopefully), so maybe I can fix that soon, dunno. I originally sought out for this track to be very simple, and keep a fairly consistent rhythm, so in a way, I'm glad that's what you're informing me of.

As opposed to that Spirit's Grave mix you probably have heard, I wanted this to be more... "open" if you will, and less busy. Kinda. As for the thick places, probably more near the end, I wanted to build up to the ending a little be so I kinda just threw in about every instrument I was using lol... I'll have to work on that.

As always, thanks for the feedback Proto :3

As for the thick places, probably more near the end, I wanted to build up to the ending a little be so I kinda just threw in about every instrument I was using lol... I'll have to work on that.

No no! I liked that. I just thought that some instruments were a bit loud when they didn't need to be. The strings at one point are overly loud in the soundscape. *nods* That is what I meant.