The Great Onslaught

Feather

Hello. I was listening to the artist Hol Baumann today and I got inspired to try to make something up his alley.I think I failed, but I am still pleased with my work. I titled it "The Great Onslaught" because it seemed like good battle music. Thanks to those who listen and many thanks to those who give me feedback.

http://soundcloud.com/feather/the-great-onslaught

:smile:

You release a track way fast bro, nice to the community.

Since this is a WIP forum, let's go to work:

- You can play hats far later in your song. An early appearence threw them in first plane for too long.

- Why don't you raise an octave at 0:27 or any other place. The last note on the arpeggio deserves some raising too.

- I didn't see what call that big silence. 8-)

Now everything is related to after 2:38

- I can't hear that wind sound there (bad speakers that I have here) but if it was there, just drop it and place any other instrument and filter it throughout those bars.

- I really miss bass frequencies.

- Both points above can be taken together.

- I don't wanna be negative here but in my point of view now you have some mastering issues. I wish someone could appear to endorse or not what I am telling you. I am not expert. :sad:

If you wanna work professionaly this is what I had to tell you, I enjoyed the track, even with those issues I pointed. Plus you can work greatly the creative side of this song, I just don't know if is this what you want, cause its already sound like those military march to victory. :smile:

I didn't know this guy. It is not a shame at all, Wikipedia doesn't know him too.

I listened his tracks on youtube. This one is insane:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04rdkseCY7A

(wow, almost an hour to review your song, I am asshole) :smile:

Thanks for the comments man. I can deal with all of them except the mastering. I am probably better off not trying to master at all since I know very little about proper mastering.

And yeah. I tend to create a track quickly and leave it as it is. Maybe I should spend some more time on them. Music production is really just a hobby for me at the moment so I try to have fun with it more than anything. I made my very first track less than a year ago and it was horrible. I feel like I have come a long way though.