Tips for buying used studio monitors

Hey guys, I'm wondering if you have any cautionary words for me regarding the purchase of used studio near-field active monitors.

There's a pawn shop down the street from where I am. They normally sell tons of stuff at overpriced rates (Super Mario Kart SNES cart for $50??? what the hell) but something caught my eye: Mackie HR624 MKII monitors for (what I think is) $699.

If I were to buy them in Canada new they'd be about $525 each so this is a savings of about 30%.

Anything that I should be careful about or be wary about?

I'd ask to have them powered up. Put your ear to the drivers and listen for humming or buzzing. Keep in mind though, if you do hear something, it doesn't mean the speakers are bad, it could just be the shitty dirty power running through the guys shop, but if the noise is severe then you have a good indicator of damage. Also, bring a decent source you can plug into. If you're serious about these monitors (and you should be because that model is FANTASTIC) you should stop into a music store first and pick up a phono-TRS cable (make sure it's TRS and not unbalanced) and plug in your mp3/cdplayer to em and listen for more problems. (just to be save bring a PC power cable with you in case the dude "doesn't have any" in the back)