Chrono Cross - Memories

Hey hey, so i just joined the forums, and i had submitted this song to be judged, one of my remixes of Chrono Cross - Another World, anyway, after doing some research it looks like i may have prematurely submitted it >< I still like it of course, but I would love to hear some of the communities opinions on it.

Here is a link to the original by Yasunori Mitsuda,

And here is the link to my remix of it,

http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/18551482/file.html

There is the link to the song, i was looking for a more techno up tempo version of the song while still keeping the relaxing feeling. I would also not listen to it directly from the hosting site, their player drastically reduces the quality. Rather just download it and it will be all good. Thanks in advance for any of your suggestions or tips :)

Not bad. I like the synths. The arrangement is not overly complex, but has potential. One specific bit advice - the intro section (the same section that repeats a couple of times through the remix) should probably be spiced up a bit, to make it more interesting and different from the original. Weak point - drums/beats. Everything else sounds nice and dancey trancey, but drums are lacking punch, mastering, pump, and pretty much everything else that makes drums good.

Looks like you have a nice set of synth patches and good ideas, and that is a good start. This definitely won't pass as it is right now, but with some work could become a great remix.

Not bad. I like the synths. The arrangement is not overly complex, but has potential. One specific bit advice - the intro section (the same section that repeats a couple of times through the remix) should probably be spiced up a bit, to make it more interesting and different from the original. Weak point - drums/beats. Everything else sounds nice and dancey trancey, but drums are lacking punch, mastering, pump, and pretty much everything else that makes drums good.

Looks like you have a nice set of synth patches and good ideas, and that is a good start. This definitely won't pass as it is right now, but with some work could become a great remix.

Hey thanks for the reply, I guess i'm not too great at engineering my drum sounds, are you a remixer? If so do you have any suggestions as to how i can add taht punch to my bassline that your talking about? Thnx again ;D I really want to perfect this remix now, and if there is a way to make my drums punch through more i would definitely spend time doing that to my bassline.