*NO* Chrono Cross 'Time's Deepest Scar'

Palpable

Contact Information

ReMixer name: tschiefer

Your website: www.myspace.com/thiagoschiefer

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged: Chrono Cross

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Time's Scar

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.:This is a rock/metal arrangement to Chrono Cross' most known track, and one of my favorites. It's also my second try at OCRemix, after some years trying to correct the fails from my first submission (mainly mix-wise). I'm looking forward to get a nice review over this arrangement and I'm hope it's good enough to be accepted :)

--

Thiago B. Schiefer

Myspace: www.myspace.com/thiagoschiefer

----------------------------------------------------------------

Time's Scar

I am definitely am digging the performance on this one, with some solid lead and rhythm playing. Unfortunately, the mixing isn't living up to the standard that the playing sets, with the drums taking up a ton of high end space while still not being very punchy. It seems like there isn't a really good balance, and the mix sounds washed out. EQing the drums a bit and making more room to be able to bring up the rest of the instruments is key, as well as balancing the elements there to be more solid sounding, and not as flimsy.

Arrangement was also a little on the conservative side, though there was some genre adaption, some counter melody writing, and a few solos. The added drums were varied and interesting, and the guitar solo was good. I think it's skirting pretty close to the edge, and i'd really like to hear some more personalization on the arrangement to make it a safer call.

Very strong playing chops, and some minor arrangement is a great start, just polish up the production (possibly using our helpful WIP forum ;-) ) and see if you can expand the arrangement to be even more uinique, and you've got something ready to go here. :-)

no, please resubmit

• 2 weeks later...

My main complaint with this is that the spectrum is completely wonky. the guitars tend towards dark, as does the mix on a whole. The bass is usually buried except for a few resonant notes were it blasts out the low end. Most of the time there just is very little low end, but the low mids are really mushy. cut some 300Hz, compress that bass, and gimme more under 125Hz.

NO

A shame the balance is so far off on this, the arrangement was pretty cool. It sticks to the structure and melody of the original somewhat, but I really like what was done with backing parts and solo; there's some new stuff that fits beautifully. It was personalized and well-written.

The mixing is a dealbreaker. High-end is weak, low-mids are crowded, low-end not there at all. This could sound a lot more polished than it is, and needs to. If you can fix this up, PM one of us and we can try to take another look quickly.

NO (resubmit)