Mid-Song Time Signature Changes and insertion of MIDIs

So I was wondering (I finally began working. With Reason 4) if R4 had a way of changing time signatures in the middle of a song. Like putting that as part of a song. Because I'm trying to make a medley of a few Zelda songs, one of which being OoT's Song of Storms. That's in 3/4. The others are in 4/4. Will I have to work around that or... what?

And I wanted to do this thing where I have the MIDI of the Link to the Past title piano descent at the beginning of the song (the intro until the dotted half note in the second bar).

GClLv.png

Can I do that at all, or...

Anyways, thanks for your time :)

okay, so i found the transport bar and "checked" the "time signature" option in the blue pull-down menu. now i highlighted the section i wanted to change from 3/4 to 4/4 and it says

"The time signature is automated and cannot be changed from the transport panel. To change the time signature, you can either edit the time signature clips in the transport track or turn off the time signature lane."

Now, I see where you're mentioning what you're mentioning... just... WAT. lol sorry, but thanks. uh... WAIT

do you use the pencil tool? cuz i'm drawing a colored box that has an option to change the t.s. (3/4 4/4 6/8, etc). is that what you're talking about? after that, how do i apply it to all the other tracks and make it permanent?

In the transport bar, right-click on the time signature setting and select 'Edit Automation'. Whilst in the sequencer, press W to switch to draw mode. Draw a box in the transport track where you want your song to be in a different time signature. Press Q to go back to selection mode. Click once on the new box, then click on the down arrow next to where it says 4/4 (assuming that was your original time signature) and select your new signature. The area the box covers is where your song will be in the new signature. Hope that helped :-)

Glad to be of service :-)

If you want to import a MIDI sequence, just open a new session, then go File -> Import MIDI (or something like that), then browse to your .mid file. It'll bring up a load of tracks with the note data assigned to empty Combinators - if you're ReMixing properly, I find it easier to have two sessions open at once, one with the imported MIDI sequence and one that will be the actual song you're working on - that way you can copy-paste little bits of the original as and when you need them. Of course, if you're just doing a few experiments with changing the instruments and stuff, then just change the Combinators in the session with the imported note data.

Yep, worked great :D

Now, I've done the same thing with Tempo that I did with Time Signature, BUT... It's... Just not working. I've drawn out separate blocks using the pencil tool and tried right-clicking and altering tempo in the transport bar, but... It's affecting the entire song (I want to switch from 160bpm to 96 bpm). But the MIDI import and TS changes work fine :) it's just the tempo changes :(

You automate tempo the same way you automate normal effects parameters - right-click on the tempo and click 'Edit Automation'. A new track appears in the Transport track. Press W and draw a box where you want the tempo to change. Pres Q, then double-click on the new box. Press W again and click inside the box to plot points to map out the tempo changes - basically it's a graph of tempo against time; the tempo follows the line as the song progresses. When you've drawn in your tempo vector, press Q and click outside of the box. Your tempo is now automated :-)