Immunity (Metroid NES)

img.php?fid=837

Updated 07/07/10

I work for a medical animation company that did an animation a couple of years ago in which the subject expert insisted on being his own narrator (as opposed to using a professional), so the original voiceover (VO) was pretty bad. As a joke, I threw together a cheesy dance mix with his VO in it over a couple of lunch breaks. Our company recently re-recorded the VO with a female professional and now the company owns our own version of the VO, so I decided to recreate the track with this new VO since I already had a head start. Then I decided to put some effort into it and make it a video game remix.

After trying a couple of game tunes, the simplicity of the Metroid melodies seemed to work well as substitutes for the original synths. The Title Screen intro fit in the sections where the VO is simply being spoken and I was able to substitute the main Title Screen tune for the original synthesizer dance riffs in the chorus.

and Item Discovery are also used.

Thanks for listening.