*NO* Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles 'Lisa Lives for Wesker'

Palpable

ReMixer name: Jewbei

Email address: jjoyner17@yahoo.com

I'd like to dedicate this mix to a close friend/fan of mine. Thanks Lisa for being my first fan and a good friend this is for you!

More about the mix:

This is a remix to Wesker's theme from Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. The source is very limited it was a good challenge to remix this. Also I would like to give shoutouts to Halc, Zircon, bLiNd, Avaris, ABG, Global-Trance and Rozovian for giving me good feedback during the WIP phases.

Source:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Diggin' the track from a compositional standpoint. No frills trance, but some great choices of synth sounds (e.g. 1:53), good flow, good mixing. The decision comes down to source usage and here's what I've got:

0:29-1:09 half of each repetition

1:09-1:36

2:47-3:41

That's about 33%, pretty low. I definitely might have missed something and I'd appreciate someone take a close listen and see if there's something I missed. The source is not that melodic or easy to get, but from what I could tell only had a couple melody parts, only one of which is used. If there is something I missed, I'd be happy to revisit. Until then...

NO

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Vinnie here, this is a sick track, but the overt connection to the source is tenuous. Production is awesome, well filled-out soundscape and some great synth choices, strong transitions, and overall good vibes.

The source was apparent when it was used, but after 6 repeats, I didn't hear anything hidden away that would be melodic content, so I also gott a give this one a negative.

No :-(

• 2 weeks later...

I really love this track; I wish I could pass it. aside from the actual source usage, i.e. the guitar riff that is adapted here, i realize you could say that the rest of the track is..inspired by the original, but the chord progression is not the same at all, and while you can easily get away with reharmonization when there's some melodic or even sonic element to tie it back to the original, this is just your own piece.

You should sell it for some doughs, cause you wrote this song.

NO