*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'Machiner'

Palpable

hello ocremix! here is my first submission to the site, and if approved, probably not the last.

remixer: qualo

game: Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles

track: Flying Battery Zone Act 2

website: don't have an own one, but this serves as a portfolio kind of-- http://8bitcollective.com/members/qualo/

if a few words about the remix are needed, it began as a song of my own composition... the bass and rotator-y lead guitar were in place when it ocurred to me that the gritty snappy bass was playing staccato notes that reminded me of flying battery. then i discarded everything but the instruments and started over with the remix in mind. whee! (then a friend suggested i send the song here)

----------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty solid sound you have, but things are way over compressed on the production side. It starts out pretty vanilla as far as structure, but there is a little bit of interpretation the second time tough, and there is a brief break with some adapted material. Overall it's a little too close to a sound upgrade rather than a complete arrangement, but it is a really good start.

My advice is to go further in making it your own, and adapting the melody like you did for the breakdown for more of the arrangement. You definitely have the capabilities to rock out a good remix, you just need to hit the site's target a little better.

Production needs less compression overall, but the mixing was decent, and the sounds chosen were great. With some work, this could be an excellent resub. :-)

No, please resubmit

• 2 weeks later...

too compressed; the bass synth is overpowering everything else, especially the leads. The arrangement is pretty decent, if straightforward. it's a simple ABA form, and the As are really close. You may want to introduce some new elements the second time through so it doesn't sound like a cut/paste job.

NO

As the other guys have said, too overcompressed, you lose a lot of sound quality this way.

The actual arrangement plays as more of a high power sound upgrade, at least for the first section. It sounds awesome, don't get me wrong, but close enough to the original that it's hard for us to accept on this site. The chord changes to the second section were very cool, and I'd love to see that level of interpretation brought to the whole piece. In fact, if you can fix those issues, this would definitely have a shot at the front page.

NO (resubmit)