*NO* Super Mario 64 'Fantastic Man'

Palpable

My last submission was almost five years ago, and it was an orchestral

remix of a Zelda tune. I decided to stick with what was familiar for

this remix.

When you reject it, please keep the link in the judges thread.

Link: http://tindeck.com/listen/zhez

Remixer Name: Zas

Email Address: mikezaz@gmail.com

Game: Super Mario 64

Song: Powerful Mario

-----------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

I think the crackles are intentional, but they are exceptionally distracting. :-(

I get that you are going for a super retro vibe here, with a heavily sampled sound, but the balance isn't working out quite right, and all of the interpretation (and there is a decent amount) is completely buried. The track is really difficult to remix, as the riff is very repetitive, and getting some meaningful expansion out of it is a large challenge. I don't think it was quite achieved, but you are on the right track

This is pretty unique to the site, but the production issues and mixing balance are holding it back, and I would like to hear more melodic expansion. The style you have is very cool, it just needs to have stronger execution.

No

too much artificial "analog" effect.

There's a lot you could do with this source. Sure you'd have to do a bit of writing and thinking outside the box, but you could at least try reharmonizing a little bit; writing a B section, etc. Instead you've just got a 4 minute vamp that with some reinstrumentation, and some noodling. There's very little development. Think of a direction, then go in said direction.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the vibe from this, even a lot of the expansion, but the execution was off. The song sounds constrained and tiny rather than open. I would have liked bigger drums, less SFX (especially crackling). As has been said, the groove holds way too long - even taking out the guitar for a little bit would have been welcome, and a B section would have been fabulous. I think this is a great candidate for resubmit; there's a lot of cool stuff going on in there that could be molded into a more solid arrangement.

NO (resubmit)