Crysis - Nature and Conquerer

Modus

I've wanted to do something with Crysis for the LONGEST time. I have a nice rig, and I can kinda sorta max it out with the help of heavy modding. So anyway, a while back I started making a preview video for some dumb Crysis Machinima I was doing and while taking that footage realized how amazing the scenery is by itself.. without the help of actors or gunfights. So it's been a few months now, and I started to think it would be really cool to create a really immersive video with these overwhelmingly cool shots inside the Crysis sandbox.

I decided I want the video to show the two sides of Crysis.. nature and those war-like machine aliens. For nature, I wanted the music to be beautiful, warm, and chill. For the aliens, I wanted some aggressive industrial ambience. I'm pretty sure I know the sandbox well enough to have the aliens fly in swarms and have those giant ones walking and attacking too. I even have some nuclear bomb mods that, if my rig can handle, would make you crap your pants.

So here's a preview of the track I'm working on. If you have any ideas on how to give either ambience more impact, I'd like to know. I want it to be overwhelming in a good way! If you have any ideas for the video portion of the project as well, I'd love to hear those.

EDIT: Hm, already noticing a problem. On my speakers, the track sounds much clearer. On my headphones (they're cheap but I still use them for listening to music) it sounds very muddy. I don't get that..

Early preview version: http://soundcloud.com/exobyte/crysis-nature-and-conquerer-preview

CONQUERER section: http://soundcloud.com/exobyte/crysis-nature-and-conquerer-conquerer

Nice, the intro has that classic Roland pad sound to it and a pretty sweet breakdown in the end. I would say to add separation you may try things with a decent sized verb on the pad for depth and bring the drums in closer to mono.

Mix: A slight bump in the mid to high eq and a tight notch drop around 200HZ will let the bottom end breath.

You are on your way.

Nice, the intro has that classic Roland pad sound to it and a pretty sweet breakdown in the end. I would say to add separation you may try things with a decent sized verb on the pad for depth and bring the drums in closer to mono.

Mix: A slight bump in the mid to high eq and a tight notch drop around 200HZ will let the bottom end breath.

You are on your way.

Sweet, I'll definitely make those tweaks. I'll have to do some deciphering with the EQ lingo, though.. I'm still pretty new to composing. It's been only two months since I first opened an audio program, but I'm learning something new every day :]

Also, a note about this mix: The warm section and the industrial sections will be completely separate in the video (because it's a score, not a song) so don't worry about smooth transitions. That's why the transition is so sudden in my preview here. You'll see when I get the video portion done! That won't be for a good while though.. gonna take at least a couple days just to set up all the technical aspects of the project, such as modding, capturing, creating scenes in the Sandbox. Really excited about it..

EDIT: Some quick tweaks done before heading to bed. More verb added to the pad. Added some mids and highs... will fix it up more tomorrow.

EDIT2: The pad in the industrial section drives me nuts. Every time it's played it plays in a different way! I hate samples that are randomized like that ><

EDIT3: Industrial section draft complete. Any feedback before I call it finished? (first post links updated)