Emulating GBA music with FLstudio ?

Hi everyone.

I hope my question isn't too loaded or a waste of anyone's time but;

I'm experimenting around with FL Studio, completely lost for now, but starting to figure stuff out. I have experience making music with loop-based software, so that is helping.

Anyways, I'm making a short film and I want to score it with music that sounds similar to what you would hear from a Gameboy Advance system. This song from Minnish Cap is kind of what I'm going for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC3lSGqFd2U

...I'm not wanting to mimic the melody, but more that sound. I like how the bassline sounds 'fuzzy' and there is a very low hissing sound overall. I find this with most GBA games & for some reason I really like this feel it gives to the music.

Anyways my question is really how would I be able to emulate these kinds of sounds using FL Studio? I'm hoping someone has done something similar & could maybe point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

me I just use GBA soundfonts. If you look, you can actually find a soundfont of all the sounds used in Minish Cap.

I've been googling like mad, but I can't find anything. The closest I get is Minish Cap midi files.

...and also my FLStudio has decided to slip into demo mode and not let me save files.

..ah, well. :neutral:

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/soundfont/legend-of-zelda-the-minish-cap-soundfont.html

You have to look for the mcsf2 file. It's in there among all the midis. Good luck.

This is the one that I already have, when I add mcsf2 to a channel its just the one piano-syth-ish sound.

I'd like all the sounds that were used for the game music, if possible.

Thanks