Cant generate chords in piano roll, single notes but no chords.

When im just playing chords over a beat i can see the keys in piano roll, BUT as soon as i go to record it only generates a single note. Could it be that my keyboard is too old? It is about an 02 or 03. The only thing is i can hear the chords and see them generated over the software. It will record single notes but no chords, BUT when i use the step recorder enable, it record the chords but all crammed together.no matter how slow i play the chord progression with a tempo.I've also check in misc to see if it can generate more the one note and it is at default. I've checked several blogs, forums and etc. With no success. I really could use some kinda help even if it is personal help over the phone or private email. Thanks in advance.

I was thinking the same thing but when it is just the patterns playing and im just grooving to it, it works perfectly fine, BUT as soon as i record it only records single note. It is recording the chords in the step recorder fine. So it records just notes crammed together. It maybe the keyboard but why would it record single notes and it will record the chords in the step recorder? Im new to FL studio so i maybe over looking something minor.

If mono was on the default settings then yes it is still there. So mono setting don't have any effect on the step recorder when it comes to generating chords? I can just have a jam to a groove i made all day long with no problems. It is when i record or attempt to that is.

If mono was on the default settings then yes it is still there. So mono setting don't have any effect on the step recorder when it comes to generating chords? I can just have a jam to a groove i made all day long with no problems. It is when i record or attempt to that is.

Try his suggestion and see instead of asking if it works. :P

Try his suggestion and see instead of asking if it works. :P

I just reference if it is set in mono on default then that is what it is now. While im asking im also using some of the feedback for future reference. It just seemed conflicting thats all. It records chords in step recording but crammed but not in regular recording.But i will check and see. Thanks

Make sure you haven't got 'mono' switched on. If you do, you'll only get one note.

I checked and it wasn't on mono. I think in the mean time im just going to have to look for an upgraded keyboard and hope that was the issue. I've tried so many options with no success and searched tutorial upon tutorial with no success. Thanks anyway.