Tactical Persuasion

Hey there folks.

I was hoping I could get a bit of an assessment on this piece I've been working on.

And here it is:

http://soundcloud.com/times-orphan/tactical-persuasion-v3

For those interested, here's a bit of background rundown.

I've been conscripted by a couple of friends to do some music for a CompSci project they're working on (their semester project, which is to make a video game. They're going a bit above and beyond the call of the project, which is cool).

I've only just recently gotten into trying my own hand at working with a music studio, but since I've always been the musically inclined one of the bunch, they figured I made the most sense.

So, since I hang around here a lot, admiring everyone's works of love and labor, it seemed most appropriate to get feedback from the people I feel I can most trust to give me a fair and accurate rundown of what they think.

The project itself is supposed to be reminiscent of Final Fantasy, and likely won't exceed the graphical or artistic scope of FF1 or 2. From what I've seen, the guys are taking many mechanical cues from the series as well. For this reason, much of my music does not necessarily have to be more than MIDI quality...but, just like the guys are doing, I'm attempting to go above and beyond the minimum requirements.

So, thoughts? I really appreciate any input you folks can give me! :)