Game Over 2 - Original Album and Game

LordGavin

A quick back-story, if you are familiar with "The Angry Video Game Nerd", perhaps you know of the fan games featured on his website. I am, in fact, the only person to have multiple features for fan games for both his "AVGN" series and "Board James" series.

The latest game I made for him (which has been out since November, actually) was a year long project that I worked on with my musician, Frederic Krassowka. For most of the year, we dabbled in different game designs and musical incorporations until we finally figured out what we wanted. I finished the game in about 4 months and he finished the music in about 2 (we were on a time limit to finish it by that point).

Either way, the music in this album was all meant for video game incorporation. For that reason, it reflects song structure similar to games of the 1990's and before (the oldies we know so well), as did the game's gameplay/design. I believe the music was made on the older version of Reason (version 4, I believe), so the quality isn't up to date, but not at all bad. The music genre for the game was an orchestral/electronic form of blend, which worked very well for it in the end.

Anyway, that's enough from me. It's recommended that you play the game for the full experience, but if you'd like to simply listen to the music, it comes (though normalized lower in volume) in the game download anyway.

- - -

If you'd like to directly download the album, click here to do so from MediaFire or RapidShare.

If you'd like to download the full game, here's the link!