The Dragon's Tale - Breath of Fire I&II Album Project (Recruiting and first WIP 09/10/11)

aaand on the subject of the signatures, I have updated the pictures to fit the height limit. The image urls should still be the same.

Also, on an unrelated note, I was thinking about the Overworld 2 in BoF I. I was wondering if it would be okay if it was done sea-chantey style.

aaand on the subject of the signatures, I have updated the pictures to fit the height limit. The image urls should still be the same.

Hmm... Just noticed the filesize could be smaller, but that might be due to the fact that I used uncompressed files that were fully editable within my imaging program Macromedia Fireworks, now owned by Adobe

Is this a problem for anyone else, such as DSL or DialUp users?

Dammit!

My creativity has gone up and died, and I've been temporarily "sterilized" when it comes to a way to remix these tracks... I will have to pull out of the project.

No Homo

EDIT: Well, I hope Tuber can help me correct/redo a guitar/bass part, because I think I just came up with a rock version of You Must Live!

Sure it'll need lyrics, but right now it needs a main structure...

If I can, I will put up a WiP here publicly for you guys. (until the WiP is up, don't mark me down for it Brian)

Actually, yeah I would be really rad!

I'm keen for any collabs. I would love to do YOU MUST LIVE anyway.

Vocal/Rock Mix.

I'm down. Give us a fancy honeymoon and I'll marry that in a second!

Okay, well, I think I will have to give details via PM.

So far, what I have is a minute or so of... something, but I will have to rewrite it a little bit.

It's amazing what you can do with a high-quality free guitar synth (which DOES exist) and a high-quality amp simulator...

I would be working on it, but I am at a Photoshop Digital Animation camp until 5 today (10pm GMT?), But I will work on it when I get home

I would re-record guitars if you want.

Maybe if you made the bassline perfect, cause I'm not an amazing bassist. Heh

I can sing too, so we can do lyrics collaboratively or on my own. Your choice there.

This could be pretty cool.

Shinny... Have you sent out PM's asking mixers to join?

If so, maybe try and ask Chuck Dietz. He's done something for the Megaman X album.

His work could be solid for this. He hasn't done anything else on OCR...

So maybe it's worth a shot. He could be really keen.

Hey, Callum, what DAW, if any, do you use?

I'm looking over what I have right now, and I think it's taking on a distinct Linkin Park style.

I'm not sure if this will work, but I'm getting ready to bind up a WiP to send you Callum.

Tell me what you do and don't like, and I will see what I can fix real quick.

Well, I'm not clued up on lingo of recording... so DAW is a bit weird.

I record with a Line 6 UX2. I still use Audacity (Like a pro).

Linkin Park style? I'm in. I'm no rapper, so might need help there... But I love early Linkin Park.

I'm sure it'll be fine. I'll do my best to try and meld my style to a more Nu-Metal one.

Heh.

DAW Digital Audio Workstation

like, say, Mixcraft 5, for example (what I use)

Well, I'm not clued up on lingo of recording... so DAW is a bit weird.

I record with a Line 6 UX2. I still use Audacity (Like a pro).

Linkin Park style? I'm in. I'm no rapper, so might need help there... But I love early Linkin Park.

I'm sure it'll be fine. I'll do my best to try and meld my style to a more Nu-Metal one.

Heh.

You won't have to rap, I hope... :-P

I sure won't, so that won't really be a problem.

Has the file worked yet?

Fortytwo!

Sorry. *clearsthroat*

Anyway, having a DAW makes it easier to view files and to share WiPs because they are in their native format and don't need to be rendered.

And it would make it a hell of a lot easier for me to share the file with you instead of bypassing all of the end-of-trial bullsh*t that Mixcraft has.

On a side note, do you think that I should get rid of the organ bit? What about the saxophone part? I know it sounds out of place, but...

Not to be a bother, but

how about you go and Download a free trial of MixCraft 5. This will make the file sending easier, and you can see what part is what. It's a 14-day trial, and when the trial ends, the only limitation will be that you can't render to an MP3 or burn a cd (but I have ways around that, obviously).

Another plus is that I only used one vst that isn't supplied by Mixcraft, but it's freeware, so I can probably send it without issue.

My Line 6 UX2 recognises every DAW.

I'm sure I won't need Mixcraft.

ok...

what about .mx5 files?

The reason I ask is because I didn't record a single note of the song- it's all done by virtual instruments, and I used mixcraft-only virtual instruments except for Revitar 2.0, which I used for the guitar parts and the power chord riff in the chorus

This was why I asked, not for simplicity (okay, yes for simplicity), but also (in theory) that you could look to see how the other person worked each instrument to make the product, or to see what the added/changed, i.e. in a collab

Heh. I'm 16 and I make crap money.

Best way to make money (No joke) is busk.

Try that out. I made $500 in a week of full day busking.

So good.

Is this some New Zealand slang word?

I live in the US, so I don't really know NZ slurs and slang words

If you mean drugs, then that's just not my thing

Is this some New Zealand slang word?

I live in the US, so I don't really know NZ slurs and slang words

If you mean drugs, then that's just not my thing

To any wandering moderator, we are actually on-topic, except for this post of mine.

If we need to, we will keep this discussion to PM