Zelda - Ocarina of Time - Lost Woods Metal/Dubstep remix

I can't decide whether i really like the harmonies or really don't...

Sometimes i'm like - woah ok new harmonies they sound great - not just in thirds (please don't embarrass me and reveal they are infact just in thirds haha!) but then perhaps I'm like... didn't that really sound great? I'm a bit confused about them.

I think it could be a little more beefy? As with most of the youtube comments I think there could be a bit more low end and I have REALLY bassy speakers so i don't think it's just people's speakers at home.

The dubstep section, i don't know an awful lot about dubstep but that just sounded like the tune with synths - the drums didn't change into the characteristic dubstep half-time triplet type thing and there wasn't any wobble. It was all quite clean which I don't think is characteristic of dubstep. i found that section quite boring as well.

I'd say stick to the metal for the whole piece and look for perhaps a more clean section where you play the chords arpeggiated and perhaps slow it down or go half time or something just to mix it up if you want.

I think the chords are all good but don't sound clean enough (a bit muddy i think) i think sometimes when you played the lower strings it sounded a bit detuned... but don't quote me on that.

That's just what i think,

Keep it up

thanx bro for the feedback, i know myself it isnt all it can be. LIke I said I put all of a few hours into this whereas i usually take a few days.

one thing though, I didn't use any chords the entire piece

other than that I agree with everything you said

oh! At 0:13 of the video i'm sure they were chords 0 were they single notes? Perhaps I just got confused.

Yeah I understand how it is, keep working on it, i love the source and it's a pretty cool take.

oh! At 0:13 of the video i'm sure they were chords 0 were they single notes? Perhaps I just got confused.

Yeah I understand how it is, keep working on it, i love the source and it's a pretty cool take.

yea they were single notes. I could have done better on the whole thing though. shame on me:-?

• 3 weeks later...
The dubstep section, i don't know an awful lot about dubstep but that just sounded like the tune with synths - the drums didn't change into the characteristic dubstep half-time triplet type thing and there wasn't any wobble. It was all quite clean which I don't think is characteristic of dubstep. i found that section quite boring as well.

Hey! It's nice to see this on OCR!

Yeah, this section isn't really dubstep... It's more like a blend of techno and trance, not really dubstep at all.

If you want to, you can make two seperate songs- one metal, and the other would be teh synth part.

Are you familiar with dubstep shawn?