Mega Man II - Heatman Heatrave Remix

Nonte

First of all, welcome to the boards! :-D

This is a cool first post, but it still needs a lot of work IMO.

The arrangement is very repetitive, and pretty conservative. I think you shouldn't stick to the same few sounds and ideas for the whole duration of the remix (although there *are* some nice ideas in there). Don't be afraid of exploring by adding stuff like different melodies or even chords, by changing the structure of the song, introducing new sounds, varying the mood throughout your remix, etc etc.

I can't really comment on the production, I only have crappy earbuds at the moment. It doesn't seem bad (especially for a first post) but I think you should try panning your tracks, because at the moment everything is clustered together in the middle. Experiment with that, and hear for yourself :wink:

Keep at it! You seem to have great potential :-D

Thanks for the feedback and the fine welcoming!

I agree with you that this piece still needs a lot of tuning. I'm very inexperienced with music production and mixing, I've learned some of the basics just by playing around in GarageBand.

I will try to adress the staleness and panning (among other things) later on when I get some of my patience back... :banghead: