Deciding Delimma (Influenced by Hans Zimmer)

It's normal for more difficult songs to take longer to render than they are in actual length :D, especially when rendering mode uses different resampling techniques

This sounds really amazing you know. As a symphonic arranger myself, I am very jelly of this and extremely jealous of your sampleset. The eastern-oriented samples are simply magnificent. What I'm not jealous of is the piano at 3:00, it can be so much better! The strings (especially cello) should be a bit "brighter" to let them stand out, as their equalisation is currently not the same as the other instruments

One last remark I'm currently having much trouble with myself (maybe ordinary listeners won't notice it as much) is reverb. Samples are recorded in halls or studios, which leaves a specific reverb profile in them. (they're often denoted as C, F or S in sampletanks such as kontakt, stands for Close, Full and Surrounding). It can be noticed during listening that the bass choir was recorded in a hall, while the eastern drums were all studio-recorded up close. It's totally okay to use them in the same song (most probably won't notice it), though I guess I find it strange. I haven't really found a solution for it myself

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Thanks for the comments! I know the piano is a little dull sounding and I realize now I didn't really humanize the velocity much either :/

If you're interested, here's some of the instruments I used:

The odd string instrument at the beginning of the song is from a soundfont labeled "336-saz" and the ethnic percussion is also a soundfont "4494-latin loops". If you Google them, they shouldn't be too hard to find, and they're free! The choir is a soundfont I found on a Fruity Loops forum I think.

The string ensemble is from the Halion Symphonic Orchestra soundbank.