Roland Fantom + FL Studio Live Channel Split

Terrum

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and sorry for the absolutely useless subject :) I hope this is also the right place to get help related to my question.

I have FL Studio, and the Roland Fantom G6. I've managed to get the Live Mode on the Fantom to send MIDI signals to FL Studio to, obviously, play the notes on the FL Studio channel selected.

My question now is, is there a way to set the Fantom to send signals to different FL Studio channels via the split feature of the Fantom? For example, I want the left half of the keys to play one channel in FL Studio (FL Keys) and the right half of the keys to play another channel (Slayer).

Any help appreciated! :) Thanks so much.

Yes if you like, but FL Studio isn't set up well for it. Here's what I'd recommend instead, it's simpler it'll save you some time, and it works with any midi keyboard.

Create a new layer channel, set the 2 instruments you want to split to be children of this layer.

Then in each instrument adjust it's playable key range so that they split where you want them to.

If you're set on using the split on the Fantom, then set up the split so it sends notes on different global midi channels, for instance the bass send on channel 1 and the high end on channel 2, When you select more than one channel for playing at a time in FL Studio it automatically routes midi channels in order, so channel 1 will play the first one selected and channel 2 playes the second (and so on down the list).

Good luck.