My Gunpoint game submission

wblackall

Here's the tune:

More info about Gunpoint and this audition/contest thingy here: http://www.pentadact.com/2011-11-30-more-on-making-music-for-gunpoint/

Please listen on headphones or good speakers. It sounds way better! Also, the sub bass drone can be a bit overpowering on speakers with a good low end, but I boosted it a bit so that people listening on crappy speakers could at least hear it somewhat.

I really just went with my feeling on this. I kept adding a bunch of things that just felt like they should be there. It's sort of a mix between electronica and spy movie soundtracks. Plus maybe a bit of Pink Floyd's David Gilmour. This was amazingly fun to do!

If you liked this, check out the album I just released at www.CardinalQuestMusic.com!

Here's the tune:

More info about Gunpoint and this audition/contest thingy here: http://www.pentadact.com/2011-11-30-more-on-making-music-for-gunpoint/

Please listen on headphones or good speakers. It sounds way better! Also, the sub bass drone can be a bit overpowering on speakers with a good low end, but I boosted it a bit so that people listening on crappy speakers could at least hear it somewhat.

I really just went with my feeling on this. I kept adding a bunch of things that just felt like they should be there. It's sort of a mix between electronica and spy movie soundtracks. Plus maybe a bit of Pink Floyd's David Gilmour. This was amazingly fun to do!

If you liked this, check out the album I just released at www.CardinalQuestMusic.com!

Really good stuff - i like how to have allowed for people with shit speakers as that was something i was going to mention. Also the inclusion of SFX (police sirens etc) was a really nice touch into the soundscape - i did wonder whether they would be suitable in the soundtrack as you may move into an indoors level and it'd be strange to hear that BUT obviously for the purposes you've presented here - it's brilliant.

I don't see any reason why this shouldn't be the winner - it's very subtle and that's why it's so effective. Good luck, man.