Help make "Aerith's Theme" from FFVII the UK's favourite bit of classical music!

ClassicVGMusic

Hello OCRemix peeps! Thanks for reading, I'll keep this brief!

As somebody who's enjoyed this site for many, many years, quietly from the wings, I'm hoping you are exactly the crowd of people who could help me with a pet project.

Tiny bit of background for non-UK folk - Classic FM is the UK's most-popular classical music station (5.5mil listeners a week) and voting for this year's 2012 Hall of Fame is now open – every year this run down of the 300 greatest pieces of classical music features amazing compositions from the greatest composers in history along with fantastic movie scores, BUT, to my knowledge it’s never featured any orchestral tracks from video games.

Frankly, I'd like this to change, and I'm asking gaming fans from ALL OVER THE WORLD to help me put Nobuo Uematsu's Aerith's Theme as high in the chart as possible.

From now until voting closes on Feb 29th I’m asking all fans of video games and video games music to visit the voting site at www.classicfmhalloffame.co.uk and vote for classical interpretations of their favorite bits of video game music.

Any bit of video game music will do - so long as it's commercially released and orchestral (I find Amazon and iTunes are a good source for checking this!). Everyone voting gets to vote for three tracks - so I'm hoping we can get LOTS of game tracks into the chart, but Aerith’s Theme is the one we want everybody to vote for so we can really push it up the chart.

What can you do?

Anything to help really! We've already had some fantastic support, but we need LOTS MORE to make this happen, so please, if you can:

Like the Facebook page!

Follow @ClassicVGMusic

Visit www.classicalfmhalloffame.co.uk and VOTE!!!

As I say, this is a UK radio station, but voting is open worldwide and you can listen over the internet to the results show over Easter. So please, let everybody you know who loves video game music to go “like” the Facebook page and vote. Let’s get video game music the recognition it deserves.

THANKS!

Mark

You know, Terra's theme is a favorite of mine as well!

We've had to pick a single track we think people would relate to for this and there's no denying Aerith's Theme has a lot of emotional resonance for people, hence the choice.

BUT! Since you get to make three votes, you can always vote for both. And something else! You even get to prioritize your votes!

In all honesty, I'd just like to see people get involved and vote on this, no matter the track choice. So please, go and vote and like the Facebook page so we know we have your support.

Thanks!