binary_girl - 92 elements (GAME MUSIC)

binary_girl

Hey, I'm really liking your music! Currently listening to it while I'm at work, but on $9 headphones. I'll get back to you later this evening with some feedback when I can give it a proper listen on my monitors in my bedroom studio.

Edit: After a decent listen, here are a few things I picked out:

Bluey green: the first synth that plays, you may want to increase the attack to 2-4ms so you get rid of the "pop" when the first notes are played

Doublebluff: I think a thicker, fatter snare would suit the busier parts of the song better. Love the kick though

Fancypants: I think this one could use some more glitchy elements, but other than that I liked it

The_anvil: I feel if the bass had more of a lead role in this song, it'd really bring things to life.

Those are my only critiques, other than that it was an enjoyable listen. How long have you been producing / composing for? I wish more people would create albums that are more focused on that VG music style. Keep it up!

~Syllix

cheers guys... i know what you mean about the pop and its purposely in there.. i tried it both ways and i prefer the pop..its the kind of thing i would normally try to avoid but i preferred it on that track ;p

i agree with your other suggestions.. im not going to lie all these tracks are about 9 years old, i just thought id put them together as they sounded similar'ish and get them 'out there' :)

ive been making music since i was about 14 or so ..started on the c64 then on to the amiga (lovedit) now on pc... im now 38 (grr heh)

until quite recently (8 months ago) i constantly made music.. i would render down all my ideas thats why i have literally over 3k (according to explorer) unfinished songs/ideas on this computer alone.. god knows how many ive done over the years :) ive just been abit unmotivated of late hence my drifting off constantly making music ( im coding alot now aswell tho) i hope its not just because im getting 'too old' ;(

anyhoot cheers for your feedback guys ..i have some other stuff on these links ive you fancy another listen ( i rarely stick to a certain genre so ther are alot of different sounding songs on these..

http://soundcloud.com/binary_girl

http://www.myspace.com/binarygirl01

cheers

binary_girl

:)

Yeah the pop wasnt bad, it was merely a suggestion. I figured you either didn't know, or you had it in there on purpose. But it sounds like you know what you're doing - by a long stretch :)

As for your other comments, you just need to find some inspiration - it's a good thing there are a kajillion things out there you can find, listen, and explore to get yourself motivated to make music. And you're never too old to make music - I know people who have just STARTED and then are in their mid-late 40's. If you've got the drive, you can make it happen ;)

Check this thread out for ways to beat writers block if that's also an issue, but it's pretty much what happens when you're unmotivated and havent found that inspiration. Also, this is a wicked site all around - I';ve learned a lot from it.

http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=99895

~Syllix

• 2 weeks later...