Dustforce - Baryogenesis REMIX

dr. chicken

Hello there, I'm dr. chicken and I'm fairly new here. This is my first posting to ocremix.org! I originally lurked around, following albums and downloading some inspiring songs here and there. You may even recognize me from the ocremix Team Fortress 2 server!

Now I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the new Indie title Dustforce, but I picked it up on launch day and fell in love with it. I watched a short gameplay clip and the music really caught my attention. Sure enough, after purchasing the game, the soundtrack did not let me down.

So here is my rendition of Lifeformed's "Baryogenesis. I hope you guys enjoy!

Link to the original:

http://soundcloud.com/lifeformed/fastfall-dustforce-ost-2

Link to the remix:

http://soundcloud.com/dr-chicken/lifeformed-baryogenesis-dr

Notes: It was my original intention to post this as a Work In Progress, but unfortunately, I lost a lot of the original WAV tracks rendered in this mix. So this is the final version for now. I would love to hear your critique of this track and plan on using ocremix as a source of future critique on WIPs!

Thanks!

P.S. I can't forget to share Lifeformed's soundtrack with you guys. There are some seriously awe-inspiring tracks on there that I know you guys will really appreciate.

http://soundcloud.com/lifeformed

That is a lovely source you have there. I love how you've remixed it as well. The style is very unique and I personally have not heard anything like it.

If you plan on submitting this to OCR, there may be a few things that need a little work. The style and production sound pretty good to me, but the arrangement sticks pretty close to the original. There is certainly enough there to keep my interest, but it is mainly the same as the original for a lot of the arrangement. It may be worth your while if you play around with it a little and see if you can come up with more variation.

The drums sound good for the most part. The only thing that has my attention is the kick that is used throughout the whole song. It sounds like there should be some more low frequencies in it to give it less of a hollow sound. all of the drums sound like they're being played in the background, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing when it is done just right.

It sounds to me that you're going for more of a relaxed arrangement, and I find that to be really cool. There are some parts that feel wonderful in the song, especially the beginning. The panning on the guitar is nice as well. The instruments work together very well, and I like how they sound. All-in-all, this is a very cool remix. I love what you've done. Keep it up!

Thanks!! I don't feel it follows TOO closely to the the original arrangement, but it does reuse several melodies without much variation, so you're right. I really appreciate the feedback. It was never my intention to submit to OCR but now I wish I really had the original files to work with so I could alter it. I've been having some bad luck as of late. I really appreciate the positive feedback! I've been trying to find an audience for feedback on my music and this place seems perfect!