Treasure in old castle "medieval torture devices" remix by lamb

lamb

Hi there, It's always nice to see someone new in the forums. I must admit, I've never heard of the game King of Dragons before, so this source is rather new to me. However, I'm glad to see that there are artists out there who are willing to bring in some new sources. Also, be sure to include a link to the source to make it easy for people to find the song that you're remixing.

I really like the idea that you have going on here, but I think there are a couple of things that you might want to try differently. If you're trying to get this accepted to OCRemix, there are a few things that you're going to want to keep in mind. I also see that this is a work-in-progress, so I totally understand why there are a few problems going on. 8-)

I'll start with my initial impression of the beginning. The lead that you've chosen sounds like something you would hear from the original song (kinda retro), which isn't a bad thing, but you might want to present it a little differently. I think it might be a good idea to start with something other than the melody. I really like it, but I don't think it lasts long enough to serve as an intro. It tends to get a little repetitive, so I think it may be better to wait and introduce the main melody a little later on.

When the organ comes in to support the main melody, it really gives a nice "medieval" feel to it. I think it might be a good idea to add more notes and to give the organ more complexity. Instead of having the organ moving along with the melody, it might work better if you come up with a chord progression to give the song a more full sound. I also noticed that some of the notes with the organ didn't sound right, and caused a lot of dissonance that didn't feel right.:whatevaa: You might want to move those notes around to get rid of the dissonance.

Finally when the bass and drums kick in, the song starts to take off, and it sounds like the song is ready to start. The bells that play in the background are a nice touch, and I think that they will definitely add to the song as it goes on.

One thing that I would recommend right away is that you try out a few different percussion samples. The ones that you are using right now Sound a little fake, and they really limit the song's potential. The snare drum sounds like it should be really powerful, but the sample you are using sounds a little quiet. I see that you know that you still need to compress and EQ everything, so I'm not going to say too much about that. However, I would like to suggest a few plug-ins that come with FL Studio that will really help you bring out the song.

First of all, I recommend using the Fruity Bass Boost on the bass notes to give them a fuller sound. I think that the organ could use a little bit of reeverb for a fuller sound, so it would be a good idea to add the Fruity Reeverb 2 effect plugin for the organ. In fact, the snare drum sounds like it could use a little too, so don't be afraid to experiment around with it. It sounds to me as though the bell sound could use a little delay (echo), so I would recommend the Fruity Delay 2 plugin to give the bell a nice long echo. All of these effects come with FL Studio, so I would highly recommend learning how to use them in addition to experimenting with other plugins that come with FL Studio.

Don't get me wrong here, I really like the idea that you have going on, and I really want to see it get accepted at OCRemix. I hope you don't get discouraged by my tidal wave of feedback. Music production is a very complex and difficult process, and I still have a lot to learn as well. I hope that I can help you avoid some of the mistakes that I made in the past when I first started with FL Studio.

Feel free to send me a personal message when you come up with an updated version. I have had about a year's worth of experience with FL Studio, so if you have any questions feel free to ask me and I'll do my best to answer them.:wink: Hope to hear from you again soon!