Sunny mountain (sonic adventure icecap)

http://soundcloud.com/aires/air3s-sunny-mountain

Sonic adventure remix of ice cap's first segment

I know it repeats and it's long but I meant to make it feel as if you could replace the original with this if there was like a alternate version of the snowy mountain section of ice cap to a sunny spring like version.

And yes I know the kick is awkwardly loud

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see "the other Ice Cap" getting remixed. I must say that it's a rather interesting take on the original.

There are some glaring issues I find when listening to this song. Primarily the song has too much going on. Between the chimes and the sound effects and the guitars, it just feels way too busy. Someone more qualified should be able to back me up with this. My suggestion would be to diminish the sound effects as more of instruments are introduced, and increase the presence of the sound effects as the instruments fade.

There are also points where certain sound effects suddenly jump in without any fade-in whatsoever (the most glaring portion being the waterfall at 1:39). That's just screaming bad production quality.

Other than that you seem to know about the rest of the issues I noticed. Happy remixing!

Now I want to go play Sonic Adventure again. :)

Ok, so it was off to a pretty cool start.

But I feel it started getting too repetitive (as you noted yourself) and I was just hearing the same thing over and over again. I felt that kick and it was sweet (I honestly love it when the kick is big and loud), but I don't recall ever hearing much of a snare, and I was sort of waiting for that, honestly.

I think that maybe you should somehow combine this with the part where Sonic's on the snowboard. You know, the rock 'n' roll sounding song. Maybe add in the guitar riff in this remix and like do a solo, and just make it more chill?

I don't know. There were some really interesting things in this remix, I just feel it's too repetitive, and I felt I was skipping through too much of the song, waiting for something to happen.

Nice to see "the other Ice Cap" getting remixed. I must say that it's a rather interesting take on the original.

There are some glaring issues I find when listening to this song. Primarily the song has too much going on. Between the chimes and the sound effects and the guitars, it just feels way too busy. Someone more qualified should be able to back me up with this. My suggestion would be to diminish the sound effects as more of instruments are introduced, and increase the presence of the sound effects as the instruments fade.

There are also points where certain sound effects suddenly jump in without any fade-in whatsoever (the most glaring portion being the waterfall at 1:39). That's just screaming bad production quality.

Other than that you seem to know about the rest of the issues I noticed. Happy remixing!

Thanks on the feed back!

Yes, there is a loud locus bug hum in the middle, I forgot to low the vol on that lol(and other things so it sounds surroundy sound comming from the back).

That waterfall cut is when the song restarts I think, lol I did not notice that til you mentioned it.

Now I want to go play Sonic Adventure again. :smile:

Ok, so it was off to a pretty cool start.

But I feel it started getting too repetitive (as you noted yourself) and I was just hearing the same thing over and over again. I felt that kick and it was sweet (I honestly love it when the kick is big and loud), but I don't recall ever hearing much of a snare, and I was sort of waiting for that, honestly.

I think that maybe you should somehow combine this with the part where Sonic's on the snowboard. You know, the rock 'n' roll sounding song. Maybe add in the guitar riff in this remix and like do a solo, and just make it more chill?

I don't know. There were some really interesting things in this remix, I just feel it's too repetitive, and I felt I was skipping through too much of the song, waiting for something to happen.

Maybe I will do a edit 2, but not very likely