Sooo. my cubase is not starting...

Yah as title says, my cubase is not starting up anymore, and I don't even know why.

I am going to switch to cubase 6 soon on my other PC, but I do need(or really kinda want) this cubase I have on this PC to work (not desperately).

It was working fine but now I'm in a spiral. I may try a system restore.

Any ideas?

Yah as title says, my cubase is not starting up anymore, and I don't even know why.

I am going to switch to cubase 6 soon on my other PC, but I do need(or really kinda want) this cubase I have on this PC to work (not desperately).

It was working fine but now I'm in a spiral. I may try a system restore.

Any ideas?

Did you add any new plug-ins or change where Cubase looks for plug-ins?

Delete the Cubase prefs folder. It's located in:

C:\Users\*username*\AddData\Roaming\Steinberg

You'll see a Cubase 5 (or whatever version you're using) folder in there, delete that. It'll reset your Cubase install to the way it was when you clean installed it, that means it'll remove all your settings and customizations (including VST paths). It'll also cause Cubase to reset itself completely and is the first step in diagnosing serious problems with it.

Delete the Cubase prefs folder. It's located in:

C:\Users\*username*\AddData\Roaming\Steinberg

You'll see a Cubase 5 (or whatever version you're using) folder in there, delete that. It'll reset your Cubase install to the way it was when you clean installed it, that means it'll remove all your settings and customizations (including VST paths). It'll also cause Cubase to reset itself completely and is the first step in diagnosing serious problems with it.

Tried that, Im thinking its my processor on this temporary pc. Its running a celeron (since I only make music,program and draw on this pc), and im sure I got lucky on even getting this daw to start up on this single core computer

Maybe I will switch to my main computer, but I really wanted to wait so I get a better power supply and mother board for my i7 : ( ehh, I start the big switch