Licensed games FTW!!! (no, seriously)

vVvZero

I don't know about everyone else, but I'd love to see some more music from licensed games. Yeah, I know those kinds of games tend to suck, but sometimes they had catchy tunes or awesome video game versions of TV/Movie themes. So right off the top of my head the licensed games I remember fondly were:

Jurassic Park (Sega Genesis)

Power Rangers

Star Trek (any of them would be awesome, but I played Bridge Commander the most on PC. I think the modding community still exists for it, too.)

Aladdin (Sega Genesis, but Disney would probably have their lawyers suing the sh*t out of every member here)

The Simpsons (Konami arcade game)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds (Gamecube)

Star Wars Shadows of the Empire (Nintendo 64)

Taz in Escape from Mars (Genesis)

That's all I can think of for now. If I had chiptunes to listen to I'd be able to list exactly what pieces of music I'd like to hear, but honestly ANYTHING from these nostalgic games would put a huge smile on my face (especially Power Rangers and Star Trek lol!) Maybe the next ocremix album could be centered around licensed games... just a thought.

Does anyone agree or have other licensed games they'd like to hear remixed music from?

Alot of these games would go against OCR rules as only original music from a game can be used. Alot of licensed games use music that was originally written for TV or movies.

However there was some original music in a few of those games so maybe that would pass.

I know the Jurassic Park games for the Genesis had nothing but original music in them. I've actually been eyeballing the

and the
from Jurassic Park, and the
for a while now. Maybe I'll actually get around to doing a remix of one of them someday.

Alot of these games would go against OCR rules as only original music from a game can be used. Alot of licensed games use music that was originally written for TV or movies.

However there was some original music in a few of those games so maybe that would pass.

I think the only games that would have a few songs that go against the rules would be the Power Rangers games because of the main "Go, Go, Power Rangers" theme, but the Sega Genesis fighting game had mostly original music. Shadows of the Empire would probably be a failure since I think it had an actual orchestral soundtrack release (which was epic). Obviously Aladdin would never fly. I think as long as main themes are avoided everything would be fine.

Those Power Rangers games had some awesome 90's synth rock, though. Most were original, but I know for a fact a few were lifted straight from the show. Primarily the movie adaptation on Genesis, but those were the best songs; the ones with actual lyrics that played when there was a fight sequence. I feel like a kid thinking back on how much I loved the music XD