Donkey Kong 64 Album

Turns out SoSiouxMe and Mairujyat already had one in the works!

Check it out here

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42271

/*

Now that the SNES Donkey Kong trilogy is complete, (Double the Trouble is excellent, by the way, get it if you haven't already), the next logical step would be a tribute to one of my all-time favorite soundtracks:

DONKEY KONG 64!

Are people interested in this? Or have we reached DK saturation?

edit:

I know people haven't responded yet, but I thought I'd elaborate a bit on my idea for this. Since DK64 is much more of an open-world type game, with each area having a number of themes and a whole bunch of variations on the main island theme, I was thinking the album should capture the experience of wandering around through the island and through each level, and would be structured something like this:

Intro theme

Island theme variation 1

Some number of songs incorporating various themes from Jungle Japes

Island theme variation 2

Some number of songs incorporating various themes from Angry Aztec

Island theme variation 3

(etc.)

Final battle and ending themes

and the songs that appear in every stage (Candy's music shop, Funky's armory, Snide's HQ, boss room, etc.) can be included in any of the stages. Also, really short jingles and sound effects ("OOOH BA-NA-NA") can be either included in the stage mixes or grouped together in a separate "bonus" section. Since each stage theme doesn't necessarily need its own song, there could be any number of tracks for each stage, although I'd like to keep it fairly even between the stages, as the album would seem really unbalanced if there are 10 Jungle Japes mixes and only 2 Frantic Factory, for instance. I'll leave the discussion about DK raps to those more lyrically inclined than myself.

*/