Marketing oneself as a studio musician

XPRTNovice

Hey guys,

I've only been here for about a year, but it's totally lit a new fire for music for me. It's been an amazing experience, and I wanted to say I love you all.

Aside from that, as I want to continue improving, that typically means I need to invest in software and equipment. I don't want to do this for a living, but it would be nice for it to be a self-sustaining hobby. I get a little money guilt when I buy music stuff. I've started working as a voiceover artist and I'm pulling in...well, $100 so far.

My question is this: I know it's possible to hire oneself out as a studio musician to lay down tracks over distances using your home studio. I have kind of a unique set of instruments here, and I want to know the best way to get my name out there or audition for parts. Does anyone know a good way for me to do that? For voiceovers, Voice.Com or Elance.com work, but I don't see any studio musician gigs on Elance.

Any advice is good advice. Thanks!

X