King's March (Loop)

Lyan

Hey OCR community,

Just finished putting together a track I wrote a little while back. I'm fairly new to MIDI orchestration and other elements of production. I did my best to make the track sound as clean as possible, but would love hear back on suggestions and tips to make it sound even better.

On a side note, I plan to upgrade to a real orchestral library in the following months. The samples I used were what came when I bought Kontakt 5.

Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/andylymusic/kings-march_menu

Hey Lyan,

Nice work. I'd recommend not having the trumpet loop the whole time. If I may be honest, it sticks out juuust enough to get obnoxious when I should be focusing on the woodwinds (at, for example, :09). I'd recommend something like moving to a long tone there and then having the line fade back in and out at certain points; that way, it'll become ornamental and won't get old (edit: especially if you intend this tune to continue to loop).

Edited by Muuurgh
Addition to the text

I like your stuff. For this track, idk if it's just me but the instruments (specifically the brass) seem all equally as loud and not super spread out. I'm an amateur to midi composition as well so I'm not quite sure what it is. But if you haven't panned or played around with the volume levels of each instrument that might be it. I definitely look forward to whatever else you produce though.